Congratulations to all the children who took part in the Cyclefest last half term.
All the results can be found on the following link:
Special mention to Molly who was 2nd the Year 3 race
Overall the Year 3 girls team were 2nd and the Year 4 boys team was 3rd.
Dance Powys visited us in school yesterday. All the Key Stage 2 children were treated to a fantastic educational performance.
ace for life
Everyone one is excited for the Race for life. The sun is shinning, the medals are ready. We are going to have a fun afternoon. By Lorne, Sam and Ollie.
Powys Swimming Gala 2016
Congratulations to to the children who qualified for the Powys Swimming Gala. Everyone swam there best and enjoyed the experience.
In this picture are the children who swam in the 1st round- Llanidloes area gala.
Below are the children who qualified for the next round. The Newtown area gala.
The picture below shows the children who have qualified for the 3rd round of the competition. Llanidloes/Newtown and Welshpool area gala.
We wish the children all the best in the next round of the competition.
Sport Relief Fun Run 2016
Mrs Higgs is in school Mondays-Thursdays and Mr Jones on Fridays.
- Swimming is every Wednesday afternoon in the second half of the term. February half term- Easter Holidays May half term- Summer Holidays
- PE takes place on Wednesday afternoons when the children are not swimming.
- Outdoor games takes place on a Thursday afternoon.
- During the month of March, Y5/Y6 pupils are able to take part in hockey sessions on a Tuesday lunchtime with the High School 5×60 officer, Miss Katie Hamer.
- Up until the Easter holidays, the pupils will have the opportunity to take part in karate sessions with Mr Lee Taylor as part of their PE lessons.
- Year 5 pupils have the opportunity to visit Llangrannog in March/April to develop their Welsh skills and have lots of fun.
- Year 6 pupils will have the opportunity to visit Pendine in June/July- it certainly looks lots of fun. Hwyl i bawb!
- Children will have new spellings to learn every Friday and will be tested on the following Friday.
- Children will have Maths/Literacy homework every week and will be expected to read at home and continue learning their times tables. Please help them in any way that you can.
- We are studying The Tudors and are currently looking at voyages and explorers of this time.
- We are also studying the River Severn and are hoping to plan a visit to the Source of the Severn in the Summer term.
- Some of our art work has been displayed in the health centre in Llanidloes and we will be continuing to change the art work on a regular basis. Please leave any comments in the book provided. We enjoy reading your thoughts.
This term we are finding out about Welsh Food, and we will be designing our own Welsh Cawl recipes.
Welcome to Miss Hughes’ class page!
We thoroughly enjoyed performing our class assembly to family and friends last Friday. We have learnt a great deal about why little things really do matter! Thank you all for coming.
This week we have been really busy making soups! We thought hard about what ingredients we needed and how we would go about making the soup.
We have also been very lucky to go on the Easter Experience around Llanidloes town centre today. We learnt about the different people and events in the Easter story.
”Jambo!”…Hello! This term we have been exploring all things Africa, finding out about traditional homes, clothes and food, music and wildlife. We are busy baking ready to raise money to send books to an African school, and have been writing letters to introduce ourselves.
We have been making Gruffalo Crumble. First, we peeled the apples.
Then we cut them up.
Next we sprinkled sugar onto the apple slices and carefully arranged them in the bottom of a bowl.
We added ‘Essence of Gruffalo’ (Cinnamon), and made the crumbly topping.
Finally, we tasted our Gruffalo Crumble. Some of us made a graph to show the results.
Most of us loved the Gruffalo Crumble.