LLanidloes Primary School once again had a very successful day at the cross country competition. This was the first time there has been a Powys Schools Cross Country Challenge in many years. The school attended with the same team that entered the Newtown Cross Country.
There were again some excellent individual stand out performances, with the teams very well represented in the overall standings also. The field was very strong in all races.
Top 20 Finishers for Llanidloes.
Year 4 Girls (The team came 2nd overall). Year 4 Boys
3rd Molly 15th Rees
Year 5 Girls (The team came 1st overall) Year 5 Boys (The team came 1st overall)
4th Sofia 3rd Callum
Year 6 Girls (The team came 2nd overall) Year 6 Boys
20th Lily 18th Morgan
Llanidloes also won the competition for best overall school.
Llanidloes Primary School did very well at this years Cluster Cross Country, with many children qualifying for the Inaugural Powys Final in Builth Wells.
Here are some of our stand out performances (top 10)
Year 3 Boys Year 3 Girls
1st Aron 3rd Maddie
3rd Evan 7th Olivia
Year 4 Boys Year 4 Girls
9th Rees 1st Molly
Year 5 Boys Year 5 Girls
1st Callum 3rd Zara
Year 6 Boys Year 6 Girls
4th Caine 7th Ffion
7th Morgan 9th Lily
A huge well done to all that took part. The school also did well in the overall large schools category.
All the results can be found on the following link:
Special mention to Molly who was 2nd the Year 3 race
Overall the Year 3 girls team were 2nd and the Year 4 boys team was 3rd.
Dance Powys visited us in school yesterday. All the Key Stage 2 children were treated to a fantastic educational performance.
Everyone one is excited for the Race for life. The sun is shinning, the medals are ready. We are going to have a fun afternoon. By Lorne, Sam and Ollie.
Powys Swimming Gala 2016
Congratulations to to the children who qualified for the Powys Swimming Gala. Everyone swam there best and enjoyed the experience.
In this picture are the children who swam in the 1st round- Llanidloes area gala.
Below are the children who qualified for the next round. The Newtown area gala.
The picture below shows the children who have qualified for the 3rd round of the competition. Llanidloes/Newtown and Welshpool area gala.
We wish the children all the best in the next round of the competition.
Sport Relief Fun Run 2016
Mrs Higgs is in school Mondays-Thursdays and Mr Jones on Fridays.
- Swimming is every Wednesday afternoon in the second half of the term. February half term- Easter Holidays May half term- Summer Holidays
- PE takes place on Wednesday afternoons when the children are not swimming.
- Outdoor games takes place on a Thursday afternoon.
- During the month of March, Y5/Y6 pupils are able to take part in hockey sessions on a Tuesday lunchtime with the High School 5×60 officer, Miss Katie Hamer.
- Up until the Easter holidays, the pupils will have the opportunity to take part in karate sessions with Mr Lee Taylor as part of their PE lessons.
- Year 5 pupils have the opportunity to visit Llangrannog in March/April to develop their Welsh skills and have lots of fun.
- Year 6 pupils will have the opportunity to visit Pendine in June/July- it certainly looks lots of fun. Hwyl i bawb!
- Children will have new spellings to learn every Friday and will be tested on the following Friday.
- Children will have Maths/Literacy homework every week and will be expected to read at home and continue learning their times tables. Please help them in any way that you can.
- We are studying The Tudors and are currently looking at voyages and explorers of this time.
- We are also studying the River Severn and are hoping to plan a visit to the Source of the Severn in the Summer term.
- Some of our art work has been displayed in the health centre in Llanidloes and we will be continuing to change the art work on a regular basis. Please leave any comments in the book provided. We enjoy reading your thoughts.
Welcome to Miss Hughes’ class page!
We thoroughly enjoyed performing our class assembly to family and friends last Friday. We have learnt a great deal about why little things really do matter! Thank you all for coming.
This week we have been really busy making soups! We thought hard about what ingredients we needed and how we would go about making the soup.
We have also been very lucky to go on the Easter Experience around Llanidloes town centre today. We learnt about the different people and events in the Easter story.